Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet Sorrow


Sweet: the many wonderful memories of almost 16 years spent married to the man of my dreams.

Sweet: the hugs and kisses given me today by the 5 beautiful children my marriage blessed me with.

Sweet: the time spent today praying in front of the Tabernacle.

Sweet: the friends with whom I will spend some time laughing this evening.

Sorrow: the absence of his physical presence here with me to celebrate what would have been our 17th anniversary.

Loving you today, Paul, and always. Thankful for all the blessings that our marriage gave to my life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed today, Kristina. I had it in my notes to send you a card for today because I have been thinking of you and Paul and your anniversary. This day will always be a heartache - you lost one of my "best"! I'm sure that he has been with you this whole weekend.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you.

Meredith said...

I'm glad I could be a part of your day. It was fun to laugh together. I paid for it today big time, but it was a great evening. Love ya, Meredith

Kelly said...

Dear Kristina, I think of you often as we share the same wedding anniversary and I want you to know I have been praying for you, your family and of course for Paul. God Bless. Kelly.