Friday, April 30, 2010

Arts in Bloom

Last night, thanks to the public library, the kids and I were able to take a coach ride to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts to enjoy the Art in Bloom displays. I didn't have to drive into the city, the kids were exposed to the great art at the museum, my mother -in-law was able to join us, and we all had fun seeing how art could inspire a floral arrangement. It was an enjoyable (and educational) evening for us all!



You can click on any photo to enlarge it if you want a closer look at the floral arrangements.




This is Magdalene's favorite. Her home school group class is currently studying China. Magdalene has asked if we can try to make a replica of this out of artificial flowers for presentation day. Next week we will be heading to the craft store to see what artificial plants we can find.


I really liked these flowers. I had never seen Protea before. I think they are very different, intriguing and just plain fun.
This bunch I get to enjoiy at home everyday! Aren't they sweet!

No comments: